Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Happy New Year

On Thursdays, I'll be doing a Thankful post or something I think is fun to share with you. Megan Whitmer had this idea to share something you're thankful for each week and we'll link them all together, and I just love that!

Here are five things I'm thankful for in the new year.

1. I'm thankful for the friends I have in my life. When you're a kid, you want lots of friends, to be popular, to never lose your BFF. As you grow, friend takes on a different meaning. You realize that the times you do nothing with someone are just as important as the times you are laughing your heads off or crying your eyes out. And also that quantity is so much less than quality. I'm in a fortunate place in my life. I have a group of true friends who support me, love me, and get me. Even when, no, especially when i might not deserve it. They love me anyway. And I'm so thankful.


2. I'm thankful for my kids. They are the dreams I never knew I wanted. and I can't imagine a greater joy in my life.

3. My husband. What can I say? This has been one tough year for us, but we're better than ever. Being in love is the greatest.

4. I'm thankful to be able to write. Not the ability. Well, that too. But I mean that I'm able to live a life in which I can be a writer. Not everyone is so lucky.

5. And lastly, I'm thankful for pie.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 5year journal that only has a small space for each day. I am using that as my gratitude keeper.
    Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, and love you!

    ReplyDelete